The format of the spreadsheet should be as follows:
- Create a spreadsheet (see below for format) containing telephone numbers, scheduled
SMS delivery time and messages that should be sent with the SMS.
- Sign in at http://www.delighta.com with your Gmail user id and password.
- If you want every scheduled SMS message to begin and end with a particular sentence, type it in the boxes provided for that purpose.
- Click on the "Upload Your Spreadsheet" button to upload the spreadsheet to Google.
You can see the spreadsheet any time by signing in at http://drive.google.com.
- Delighta will send SMS messages to each telephone number in the first column at
the date and time specified in the second column. The SMS will include a description
of the event taken from the third column.
- If and when the recipient replies to the SMS, their reply will be added to the fifth column.
Column 1: 10 digit phone number that will receive the scheduled SMS (if you live
outside US or Canada, include the country code)
Column 2: Time stamp when the SMS is scheduled to be sent. The time stamp should
be in the following format: MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM AM or PM (Example: 09/30/2012 05:30
Column 3: A textual description of the event for which SMS will be sent (Example:
Meet John at 7 pm today)
Column 4: This is reserved for Delighta use. Delighta will add a time stamp to this
column when the SMS is sent
Column 5: This is reserved for Delighta use. When the user responds to the SMS,
their reply will be added to this column
This is an easy way to automate sending of appointment reminders to a large number
of telephone numbers.
Example: A business XYZ, Inc wanted to automatically send appointment
reminders via SMS to their clients. They created a spreadsheet called "appt" and
populated the first three columns with telephone numbers, date and time when the
appointment reminder is to be sent and a description of the appointment respectively.
Then they signed in at http://www.delighta.com and uploaded the spreadsheet by clicking
on the "Upload Your Spreadsheet" button.
Delighta software will scan the spreadsheet and send SMS messages to the telephone
numbers in first column on the date and time specified in the second column. The
SMS will include a description of the appointment picked up from the third column.